Latest Team Rankings
Free Rivals Alerts
|ShopMobileRadio RSSRivals.com Yahoo! Sports|
|College Teams||High Schools|
February 5, 2013
NSD: Five who could potentially switch
Rivals.com takes a look at prospects who could pull a surprise on National Signing Day.
1. DE Chris JonesJones has been committed to Mississippi State since June and has been loyal to the Bulldogs until the last few weeks, when he has been showing serious interest in a very hot Ole Miss program. Jones is a rarity, a five-star prospect who got the opportunity to visit his two favorite schools numerous times leading up to his decision. So which in-state program will keep him home?
2. RB Ezekiel ElliottElliott has been committed to the Buckeyes since April and was as solid as they come -- until Ohio State started recruiting Dontre Wilson -- who was committed to Oregon until Chip Kelly bolted for the NFL. Now that Wilson is in the fold for Ohio State, will Elliott flip to Missouri where his dad played and where he took an official a weekend ago?
3. WR Tyler BoydBoyd has been a Pittsburgh commitment since he announced at the U.S. Army Bowl in early January, but visits to West Virginia and Tennessee the past two weekends threw some doubts into the mix. West Virginia appears to be out and Boyd's mother, who is influential in the process, didn't go with him to Tennessee, but as of Tuesday he was still thinking things over.
4. DE Elijah DanielDaniel has been linked to many different schools throughout the process but committed to Ole Miss a few weeks ago and everything looked to be over. That is until Auburn came calling and got his final official visit. It's a toss-up between the two, according to most, with both sides confident. Hard to bet against either team the way they are closing.
5. LB E.J. Levenberry Jr.Levenberry Jr. has been committed to Florida State since April but some coach-shifting at Florida State and Tennessee has led to a two-team decision. He visited the Vols on the last weekend possible and there is some momentum there. However, he's been loyal to the Seminoles for so long it's tough to say if he'll make the flip.